The Business Case for Learning
The Business Case for Learning, by world-renowned authors Jack and Patti Phillips, helps end your concerns by highlighting:
- The exact reasons why learning is an absolute necessity
- How it adds value to an organization's bottom-line and, through a systematic, eight-step, results-driven process
- How to enhance the learning and talent development investment
This book concludes with a "call to action" offering tools, templates, assessments, and guides to enrich application.
An engaging book every training professional should have on his or her shelf and the perfect companion to The Bottom line on ROI, also authored by Patti Phillips.
- Learning is the best solution, but first to be cut in a downturn
- Most training is wasted
- The success of a learning program must be defined by application and impact
- The learning results desired by executives are rarely measured
- Some learning is not necessarily better than none
- Start with why
- Make It feasible
- Expect success
- Make it matter
- Make it stick
- Make it credible
- Tell the story
- Optimize results
Dr. Patti P. Phillips also serves on the faculty of the UN System Staff College in Turin, Italy, and The University of Southern Mississippi's Ph.D. in Human Capital Development program. Her work has been featured on CNBC, EuroNews, and over a dozen business journals.