Deep in the wilds of Northern Minnesota, a group of friends enjoy a serene paddle across a scenic lake. However, on the second day of their trip, the weather turns stormy and dangerous, and before they can reach the shore, a strong wind gust flips their canoes upside down. Everything - and everyone - is dumped into the water. Some items sink and others float away, including the paddles. With only ten salvaged items, the group must work together as they struggle to survive on the deserted shores of Lake McEwen.
HRDQ Team Adventure Series training simulations are a popular choice for team development training. They're an effective way to introduce the concept of synergy and help team members quickly develop vital group-process skills such as consensus decision making, problem-solving, communication, and conflict resolution in a nonthreatening learning environment.
- Illustrate the concept of team synergy
- "Break the ice" among new or conflicted teams
- Give teams a nonthreatening opportunity to work together
- Help teams practice consensus decision making
- Improve active listening, probing, and confronting behaviors in a realistic setting
- Train team leaders in team facilitation skills
- Open or close a learning session
- Introduce an organizational change
- Interject a fun activity into an otherwise serious agenda
- Supplement outdoor experiential learning
- Develop group problem-solving skills using a five-step process
- Learn how to manage and resolve group conflict
- Understand four techniques to improve communication
- Discover the advantages of consensus decision making
- Experience the concept of synergy
Target Audience: Team members at any level, especially those who work under pressure.
Measures: The value of consensus decision making and the ability to achieve team synergy.
Dimensions: Consensus decision making and decision making under pressure.
Time Required: Simulation: 15 minutes, Workshop: One hour and 45 minutes.
Starter Kit: Order One Kit for Up to Five Participants & One Trainer.
Includes the Facilitator Guide and a 5-pack of Participant Guides.
Facilitator Guide: Order One Guide Per Trainer.
Participant Guide 5-Pack: Order One Pack for Up to Five Participants.