An excellent starting point, Change Reaction is an effective learning tool for understanding your team's different personal reactions to change. The 24-item instrument helps individuals learn about their typical response to improve – and identify ways to manage change effectively.
Change Reaction was designed to help individuals identify their typical response to organizational change and to better understand the three typical change reactions. Once this happens, participants will know how to deal with them. After all, it's vital to remember how others:
- Tend to have a natural tendency to move toward or support change
- Are noncommittal and typically move away from change
- Can typically move against change by resisting it and creating resistance to change in others
- Surveying norms regarding change
- Generating "force field" analyses of the forces impacting the change process
- Forming the basis for an educational intervention that will provide employees with information about themselves, change, and effects on the system as a whole
- Determine one's typical response to change: resistant, neutral, or supportive
- Explore the behaviors that characterize the three responses to change
- Identify action steps one can take to embrace and foster change
Target Audience: Individuals of all levels of any organization.
Measures: How individuals identify their typical response to organizational change and better understand the typical change reactions and how to deal with them.
Dimensions: Awareness, problem solving, and assertiveness.
Time Required: 1 to 1.5 hours.
Starter Kit: Order One Kit for Up to Five Participants & One Trainer.
Facilitator Guide: Order One Guide Per Trainer.
Paper Assessment 5-Pack: Order One Pack For Up to Five Participants. Or Online Assessment: Order One Per Participant.